October 10, 2012

Bangkok - My first visit! (Day 1)

Hey guys, I am back! Just got back from Bali yesterday night. It was a really enjoyable trip to Bali. I love Bali! I will go back again if there's a chance!

Before I move on to talk about Bali, I would like to blog about my trip to Bangkok with my grandparent. ;) *Ah Loh, I'm updating! LOL...*

This is my first time to Bangkok. I've always wanted to go Bangkok before this as I've heard that it's a good place to shop and to eat so that sum up my pre-impression about Bangkok. When I have landed in Bangkok, exposed to their cultures, foods and everything, my impression on Bangkok was * Wow... wah... har... erm... errr...and wahhhhhh again* (according to the sequence). The wah was for shopping while err was for food. lol. Bangkok is really a shopping paradise for girls and of course for boys who love shopping too! You could bargain and asked for a cheaper price there! I was like an auntie when I reached there. Regarding the foods, foods were nice actually. It was the way they handle the foods and the environment surrounding the restaurant and hawker stall that made me 'err' for a while which explains why my first meal in Bangkok was from 7-Eleven. However, I got used to it     on second day already.

Throughout this 5 days 4 nights trip, the transportation that we used were Taxi, TukTuk and our legs! The taxis in Thailand is considered reasonable and even cheap if you go by meter. Never ever let them give a price. Go for meter! I learnt about this when I am surveying on the transportation in Bangkok. Some taxi's uncle was really stubborn though. Never wanna go according to the meter for the reason that the traffic was jammed. In this circumstance, it might benefit you or the taxi driver. I agreed on going by the price they offered was because the price was considered reasonable. TukTuk, hmmmmm... not that recommended because of the smoke from the cars and seriously, taxi is much better!

Photos time! I am gonna separate this Bangkok trip into several posts as I have too many photos. Thousand plus! After filtering, there's hundreds!

Day 1:
upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport
Check in to Silom Avenue Inn
So lovely, right?
Places around the place we stayed. Silom road.
Say 'Hi' to gonggong popo. ;)
The tuktuk driver
7-11. Look at the choices they have! You can easily settle your daily meal here.
Chicken noodle?
Fried Beehoon

At night, we went to MBK. There's so much to shop! Cloths and phone cases. I did not get to shop much over there as my grandparent got really tired already. Will be back! Lol.

This painting looks exactly like the photo
Awesome!
Smile =) My grandpa's droopy eyes.

That's all for Day 1. Will blog about day 2 soon. Rushing out now. Bye Bye.

No comments: